- ½ kilo string beans
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika paste
- 2 medium tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- salt, red pepper flakes
- 1.5 to 2 cups of hot water
- Cleaned string beans are divided in half lengthwise.
- Put diced onions into hot olive oil in the pot.
- When the onions sauteed, add paprika paste and stir.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt sugar and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add string beans an stir for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After adding hot water, close the cover.
- Cook over low heat until beans are tender.
- After beans are cooked, turn off the stove.
- Half open the cover for cooling down. If the coves is fully opened, the beans’ color becomes darker.
- Serve cold.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
This post is also available in Türkçe.