- 2 cups red lentils
- 1.5 cups fine bulgur
- 3 onions
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 7-8 green onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika paste
- After washing red lentils, boil in 3 or 4 cups of water.
- Hot lentils are mixed with bulgur.
- Close the pot’s cover and wait until bulgur is soft.
- After diced onions sauteed with oil, add paprika paste and tomato paste and stir.
- Add sauteed onions, salt, red pepper flakes and cumin and knead it.
- Thin sliced green onions and parsley is added and slightly knead.
- Shape the mixture into walnut-sized balls by using your hands and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
This post is also available in Türkçe.