- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 liter water
- 1 beef broth tablet
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- INTO PATTIES
- 200g ground beef
- 1 small cup rice
- salt and pepper
- Mix all meatball ingredients.
- Fill pot with water and add a beef broth tablet to boil.
- Add the meatballs into the boiling water.
- In small bowl, mix and beat yogurt, egg, flour and lemon juice .
- Take a scoop of meatballs broth and add into yogurt mixture by slowly beating.
- Slowly add this avgolemono into the pot by stirring. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a pan, mix melted butter with red pepper flakes and dried mint. Sprinkle this mixture on the soup.
- Yogurt Soup with Meatballs is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Yogurt Soup with Meatballs,
This post is also available in Türkçe.