- 30 leaves spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ lemon’s juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 1 liter of hot water (beef broth or chicken broth would be perfect)
- Diced onion, grated carrot and garlic is sauteed in vegetable oil.
- Add hot water and cook until carrot and onion are tender.
- Add thinly sliced spinach leaves.
- Beat yogurt, flour, egg yolk and lemon juice in a deep bowl.
- Stir this avgolemono in the soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Spinach soup is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6