- 2 cups whole wheat
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup haricot beans
- ½ cup rice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 orange peel
- 4-5 cups sugar
- 15 cups of water
- Walnuts, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, currants, cinnamon and pomegranate seeds
- Soak the wheats in the plenty of water for 8-10 hours.
- Drain the wheats and add the rice.
- Add 15 cups of water and boil them.
- Skim the foam and cook over a low heat for 40 minutes.
- After turning off the stove, close the cover. Soak the chick peas and haricot beans in separate pots and wait for 6-8 hours.
- Soak the raisins in the water.
- In separate pots, cook the chick peas and haricot beans in the boiling water.
- Begin to cook wheats again. (If it becomes thicken, you can add little bit of hot water)
- Add snipped orange peels.
- When wheats becomes tender, add chick peas and haricot beans and stir.
- Add raisins and dried apricots and continue to boil.
- Add sugar then boil for aproximately 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and add the dried figs.
- When it is still hot, pour the pudding into the bowls.
- When the bowls cooled, garnish the puddings with ground walnuts, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, currants, cinnamon and pomegranate seeds.
- Noah’s puddings are ready. Serve cold.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 2 hours
Number of servings (yield): 12
This post is also available in Türkçe.