- 2 cups rice
- 400 g chicken breast meat, cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 2 onions
- 1 green chilly
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ⅕ teaspoon salt
- Wash the rice and let the rice stand in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Roast the pine nuts with vegetable oil in a pot and take them out.
- Roast cubed chicken meats in same oil for 5 minutes.
- Add diced onions and green peppers.
- Cook till the chicken is roasted.
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon and allspice and stir.
- Add drained rice and stir.
- Pour 3 cups of hot chicken broth or hot water on rice.
- Cook on low heat until water absorbed by the rice, when the rice is boiling.
- When the rice is cooked, add pine nuts and currants.
- Infuse for 15 minutes by closed cover.
- Toss the rice.
- Spring chicken rice is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
This post is also available in Türkçe.