- 2 cups bulgur
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green chilly
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 or 3 tablespoons butter
- 100 grams diced beef or lamb
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Diced meats are sauteed in butter until its juice is evaporated.
- Add finely chopped onions and chillies and continue to saute.
- Add tomato paste, paprika paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until meats are tender -check its juice occasionally.
- Add washed bulgur and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook on low heat until its juice evaporated.
- Infuse by half open cover for 10 minutes.
- Bulgur with meat is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6