- 1 kg flour
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 tablespoon mahlep
- 1 tablespoon black cumin
- 200 g butter
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 g instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ liter of milk
- 1-2 egg yolks
- Sift the flour into deep bowl.
- Add black cumin, crushed or ground aniseed, mahlep, salt and sugar.
- After adding melted butter and vegetabli oil, rub the flour mixture (as much as possible flour should be lump-free)
- When butter and vegetable oil works in flour mixture, add yeast and baking powder and mix.
- Heat the milk. It will not be boiling, but it is hotter than warm.
- Knead by adding milk little by little into flour mixture until the dough become earlobe consistency.
- Form the dough into a ball. Close the cover of the pot or cover with fling film.
- Wrap in a blanket and leave it in a warm place to rise for 2 or 3 hours.
- Shape the dough parts with your hands or cookie cutter.
- Spread the scones at the wax paper on the tray.
- Brush the scones with egg wash and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake pre-heated oven at 180 °C until golden brown.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Aromatic Scones (Scones of Diyarbakir),